Saturday, February 25, 2012

Handmade marking guage

A marking guage is essential for good woodworking and I really like to have my tools be something that fill me with joy since I spend a lot of time with them (or when I'm busy have only a few minutes but would like it to be good). This marking guage started with a shaft from a store bought unit and balooned up to a project that involved making new parts for all the rest.  The lacewood was very soft so I added the brass bearing surfaces to it to keep it in good shape and accurate.  I'm working on version #2 in my head already but for now, this one works quite well.

Handmade woodworking marking guage

Handmade woodworking marking guage

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such useful Tips with us i really need that kind of Informations for my Business please provide some Informations regarding, Hand Tools dealers in delhi, Hand Tools Suppliers in delhi Hand Tools manufacturers in delhi.

    ReplyDelete